Turkey Run Park, March 2010

WEATHER UPDATE 5 pm: I'm now seeing only a 10% chance of rain at 8 pm, not rising to 50% until 11 pm. So we should be reasonably dry from above. I take no responsibility if weather.com is horribly horriby wrong.

UPDATE 3/29: In the DC area, Spring means rain. It will probably be raining tonight. We will be hiking anyway (or at least Ben and I will be). I'll assume that anyone not at Ben's place by 8:05 who hasn't called and told me that they're en route is warm and dry and drinking hot chocolate at home (and not inviting me - for shame!)

Also, some navigational assistance passed on along by our host: "there is an alley at 2411 I St for metro-ers and a church parking lot at the end of Snows Ct across from our house for drivers."

#########
Spring is here!

And we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving ... okay not for 8 more months, but on Monday night, March 29th, we will be going to Turkey Run Park to celebrate the first full moon of Spring, the Worm Moon.

We will meet at Ben, Melissa, and Salsa's temporary quarters at 9 Snows Ct NW, just a stone's throw (that is, if stones could travel through buildings unimpeded) from the Foggy Bottom metro at 8 pm, and from there head across the Potomac to Turkey Run.

As always, wine, transportation, and good company will be provided; friends, relatives, children, pets, significant others, and spice are invited; please let me know if you can drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment